HMT Sancta Maria have partnered the Swansea Half Marathon to demonstrates its objective of actively promoting long-term health improvements for the people of Swansea. In addition to the traditional branding of the event, we will provide massage on race day in partnership with Bodyworks and support 6 case studies in their preparation for the event. The case studies will be selected from a group of “normal” individuals to whom running a half marathon is a real challenge. The targeted output from this is twofold (1) to show similar demographics that running is achievable for almost anyone and (2) provide practical education to the local population around health and wellbeing.
The case studies from here on in, be referred to as HMT Fitness Champions (#HMTFitnessChampions)
The following pages outline the plan for the Fitness Champions and the support provide from HMT Sancta Maria.
Each of the six runners will receive:
- Health assessment at Sancta Maria Hospital
- 4 months gym membership at the LC Club
- Regular personal training with Dean
- A monthly Sports Massage at Bodyworks
- Nutritional advice from Mayur Ranchordas
- Entry into the Swansea Half Marathon
- Access to seminars at the LC Club
- Fitness assessments at SMH – Sat 28th February
- SHM Breakfast Run Sun – 15th March
- HMT Fitness Seminar Sun – 15th March
- HMT Nutrition Seminar – Tues 14th 18.00 at LC Club
- HMT Injury Prevention Seminar – Tues 12th 18.00 at LC Club
- Race Day – Sunday June 14th 2015
- Download our JCP Swansea Half Marathon Visual Guide
Download our JCP Swansea Half Marathon Visual Guide
HMT Fitness Assessments
Our HMT Fitness Pros came to Sancta Maria Hospital on Saturday 28th February for their initial fitness assessments and briefing from the team, this was their first opportunity to meet each other and members of the support team. Here are a few pictures and a video from the day.
HMT is an official partner of the Swansea Half Marathon, which is why 15 members of staff have chosen to don their running shoes and sign up to the Swansea 1/2 Marathon.
Their goal is to raise £2,000 for MacMillan Cancer Support, a valuable cancer care and support charity in the UK. However, they need the public’s help to achieve their goal, which is why they are asking everyone to dig deep to raise as much money as they can for this very worthy cause.
• Ashley Brown
• Caroline Cawsey
• Claire Jones
• Dean Boyce
• Delyth Boyce
• Denise Genan
• Geraldine Williams
• James Leary
• Kate Ellery
• Mark Cooper
• Phillipa Williams
• Stuart Hammond
• Tom Williams
• Stacey McIntyre
• John McIntyre
Please make a donation on their Just Giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/owner-email/pleasesponsor/HMTSwanseaHalfMarathon
Just Giving is a safe, fast and simple way to donate money to charity, and you can rest assured that your money will be sent directly to MacMillan Cancer Support.
Follow their journey online with the hashtag #HMTFitnessChampions
In Partnership With: